Out of Control:TU/e DESIS Lab
List of coaches, students and their bonding studentlist201308.xls.
- Izabela Boloz
- Sjors Eerens
- Joep Frens (space team contact)
- Mathias Funk (theme champ)
- Heleen van Heel
- Bart Hengeveld (publicity team contact)
- Jun Hu (activities team contact)
- Caroline Hummels
- Joachim Karelse
- Johanna Kint
- Maurits de Koning
Sander Mulder (DemoDay team contact)
- Matthias Rauterberg
- Lucian Reindl
- Jan Rouvroye
International Workshop during the SDL weeks (April 2013). Summary video.
- Lu Yuan
- Marija Nakevska
- Jacques Terken
Out of Control has its own platform called OOCSI.
What is it?
A simple systems-interaction fabric for designers:
- Easy communication
- Sending and receiving messages to individual systems and groups of systems
- Support for data types, semantics and asynchronous behaviour
What can I do with it?
- Send signals to other systems in the network
- Receive signals from other systems in the network
- Connect two different Processing sketches on your computer (for example: Kinect and a visualization)
- Outsource some fat computations to an OOCSI client in the network and get the results back
How can I use it?
Use Processing with the OOCSI Processing library: zip archive
- Use the OOCSI java client directly
- Use OOCSI from Arduino (not done yet)
- Use OOCSI from Pure data (not done yet)
Out of Control has gadgeteer hardware available for borrowing out. We have a fairly large collection of main boards and sensor boards available: please consult the list.
Gadgeteer lending policy:
- You borrow the hardware through Joep Frens (personally). The hardware is stored at his desk: HG2.57.
To borrow a piece of Gadgeteer Hardware you leave a copy of your student card in place of the hardware you borrow. On this A4 sheet you write (1) what you borrow, (2) when you borrowed it, and (3) when you'll return it.
- You are responsible for the hardware that you borrow: if you break it you pay for a new one.
- You return the hardware to Joep Frens (personally).
nb. You test the hardware immediately after borrowing it to make sure that it works, if you find it malfunctioning immediately take it up with Joep Frens.