What you get (to loan)
- 1 numbered storage box.
1 numbered AdMoVeo.
1 wireless Xbee module placed on the AdMoVeo.
- 1 numbered USB2Xbee wireless module.
- 1 USB Cable (mini).
- 4 AA rechargeable batteries (Camelion 2500maH).
- 1 Charging converter.
- 2 foam pieces for protection.
What you need (to buy)
1 Arduino Diecimila or Duemilanove -> You can buy an Arduino at the servicedesk.
1 USB cable -> A-B Type
1 Universal Power Adapter, -> e.g. PA500 , you can also buy one in shops like kijkshop, mediamarkt or wiener electronics.
- The requirements for the power adapter are:
>=300mA minimum current
- 7,5V or 9V voltage selection
- 2,5 mm output plug, plus inside, minus outside.
Install the Arduino Board on your Robot
- If you have a Diecimila board remove the power selection jumper on the Arduino board, if the jumper is there. You may found it by looking for "PWR_SEL" on the PCB. You don't need to do this step if you have a Duemilanove board.
- carefully install the Arduino board onto the robot platform. Pay attention to the orientation. Do not force the Arduino board onto the platform if it does not fit.
Charge the AdMoVeo robot
DO NOT REMOVE THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES!
- You may need to charge the batteries first. The batteries can only be charged when the robot is switched off. When the robot is on, the batteries are not being charged at the same time. You need the power adapter to charge the batteries:
- Set the power adapter to 9 Volts.
- Connect the Charging converter on the white connector near the On/Off switch.
- Connect the fitting plug for the charging converter (2.5 mm) onto the Universal Power Adapter so that the + is inside and the - is outside.
Connect the the Charging converter to the Universal Power Adapter to charge the AdMoVeo (Robot must be OFF to charge).
When the AdMoVeo is fully charged (after 10+ hours) you can continue with the next step.
IDuino firmware for the AdMoVeo robot
see IDuino for Details.
Test the AdMoVeo robot
Download the test program and see whether everything works as expected. see AdMoVeo for details.