Uploading IDuino to Arduino or to AdmoVeo
In case you need to reload it, please follow the steps below:
Make sure you have the Arduino software installed on your PC. see SoftwareEnvironment for details.
Download the latest IDuino sketch: SoftwareDownloads/IDuino.pde.
- Start the Arduino programming environment.
- Load the downloaded sketch in the Arduino programming environment by selecting the menu item "File|Sketchbook|Open".
- Compile it by either:
pushing the "Verify" button , or
- Pressing "Ctrl+R", or
- selecting the menu item "Sketch|Verify/Compile".
You need to identify the COM port that the Arduino board or the AdMoVeo robot is connected to. it is better if you start the "Device Manager" of your Windows system first. The quickest way to start it is:
- Press "Win+R";
- Run "devmgmt.msc" by copy it or type it into the "Open" box then press "OK".
In "Device Manager", expand "Ports (COM&LPT)", and later watch out what is added when you connect the Arduino board or the AdMoVeo robot. For some laptops, it is possible that there are no "Ports (COM&LPT)" at all. This happens if the laptop itself has no built-in COM ports.
Connect your Arduino board or the AdMoVeo robot to the PC using a USB cable. If this is the first time the robot is connected to your computer, the driver installation starts. This process is usually done by Windows automatically by downloading the driver from the Internet, be sure your computer is connected to the Internet. This process can take some time. Be patient.
If you are using the new Arduino UNO, it is possible that Windows won't be able to find the proper driver. Then you have to point Windows to <wherever Arduino softerwere is installed>\drivers.
If you are using a MAC computer, you might find some useful information at ArduinoUno.
- Switch the robot on if the robot is used instead of just the Arduino board.
- Check the newly added COM port. It should be something like "USB Serial Port (COM5)". It could be a different COM port on your computer. Remember the port number. Close the "Device Manager".
In the Arduino programming environment, set the connection serial port accordingly. You may do it by selecting the menu item "Tools|Serial Port|COMn", n is the port number you found out in the previous step.
- In the ARduino programming environment, select the correct item in the menu "Tools|Board" according to the type of your Arduino board.
Now load the IDuino sketch onto the Arduino board or the AdMoVeo robot, by either:
pushing the button "Upload to I/O Board" , or
- selecting the menu item "File|Upload to I/O Board".
- In the message box of the Arduino programming environment, you should see "Uploading to I/O Board", and if succeed, then "Done uploading".
- If you see any red text in the message box, most likely the USB cable was not connected correctly or the COM port was not set correctly. Check the USB cable and the COM port.