← Revision 28 as of 2014-12-10 22:18:01
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was renamed from FrontPage\CreativeApps201206
## page was renamed from FrontPage
Always bring your laptop computer and your Android mobile device to the meetings.
1. Nice results
2. Learning objectives
It is the new era of mobile and social computing. The super computers 20 years ago are now in our pockets, being connected all the time and everywhere. It is impossible for everyone to ignore these small computers in our everyday life, and it is impossible for industrial designers to ignore the design opportunities brought up by these small computers.
In this assignment we try to step into the business of mobile application design. We will be looking into the aspects of:
- GUI elements of mobile apps, such as style, patterns, building blocks.
- Object-oriented software structure, especially how GUI design can be decoupled from the functionalities.
We will also look beyond the device itself, bringing in the perspectives of:
- Mobile devices as social actors in a social network.
- Connectivity – connecting to other mobile devices and IO controllers, for example, Arduinos, to make use of sensors and actuators.
In this assignment we will be using Android as the experiment platform. An Android device such as a smart phone or tablet is required for joining this assignment.
04-24-2012 15:45 to 17:30 Hoofdgebouw 3.02 Faculteit ID 05-01-2012 15:45 to 17:30 Hoofdgebouw 3.02 Faculteit ID 05-08-2012 15:45 to 17:30 Hoofdgebouw 3.02 Faculteit ID 05-15-2012 15:45 to 17:30 Hoofdgebouw 3.02 Faculteit ID 05-22-2012 15:45 to 17:30 Hoofdgebouw 3.02 Faculteit ID 05-29-2012 15:45 to 17:30 Hoofdgebouw 3.02 Faculteit ID
4. Learning activities
We will try out a new way of learning: we will turn the classroom lectures and the homework tasks around -- you will be following lectures at home, and hands-on workshops in the classroom:
- Workshops. Most of the meeting hours will be utilized to run hands on workshops. Each workshop will be focusing on one of the learning objectives.
- Video lectures. Students are required to follow the video lectures offline, to learn certain concrete skills and knowledge to prepare for the workshops and the design challenges.
- Two design challenges, to be met and presented in week 3 and in week 6.
- Week 3: An App used to track your competency development
- Week 6: An App of your choice, but at least including 3 elements:
- At least one sensor (camera, compass, GPS, etc) from the device.
Results of learning activity 3 and 6. For both results please deliver
- One ZIP archive, wrapping all the source code files and related data files together.
- One TXT file that
includes a link to a YouTube video that demonstrates your work. The YouTube video shall be named as: CreApps 2012: <Title> by <your names>
- explains briefly the ideas and concepts behind the video.
Attache these files (all together 4 of them) to your feedback request. Send your feedback request to one (and not more than one) of the teachers according to this RegistrationList.xls.
6. List of available reference and or background materials
Android Development For Absolute Beginners, by mybringback. "If you are an Absolute Beginner or even a master at Java programming already, this is the perfect starting place for you!".
General Help and references
Android developers forum:
Official site for Android Developers featuring documentation, SDK, Design Guidelines etc.:
*http://developer.android.com/design/index.html (Design Guidelines)
- A nice set of tutorials (including how to set-up the development environment):
This weeks slides DG236_intro_meeting1.ppt
7. Information lecturer (assignor)
Jun Hu (email@example.com), assistant professor, DI group. He has a background in computer science and interaction design
Peter Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org), Researcher, DI group. He has a background in computer science and electronics.
8. To work around this wiki
What is this wiki about?
Interesting starting points:
RecentChanges: see where people are currently working
WikiSandBox: feel free to change this page and experiment with editing
FindPage: find some content, explore the wiki
HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax: quick access to wiki markup
8.1. How to use this site
A Wiki is a collaborative site, anyone can contribute and share:
Edit any page by pressing Edit at the top or the bottom of the page
Create a link to another page with joined capitalized words (like WikiSandBox) or with [[words in brackets]]
- Search for page titles or text within pages using the search box at the top of any page
To learn more about what a WikiWikiWeb is, read about MoinMoin:WhyWikiWorks and the MoinMoin:WikiNature.
This wiki is powered by MoinMoin.